Employer-Sponsored Insurance (ESI) Premium Assistance
The official State of Vermont website for ESI Premium Assistance.
If you’re an uninsured Vermonter and have access to employer-sponsored health insurance, you can get help paying the health insurance premiums.
The following criteria are met:
- You are eligible to enroll in Catamount Health or the Vermont Health Access Plan (VHAP);
- You are not yet enrolled in your employer’s plan;
- Your employer’s plan has comprehensive benefits, which means it covers both hospital and physician visits;
- It is more cost-effective for the state to provide premium assistance to enroll in your employer’s plan than to provide premium assistance to enroll in Catamount Health or VHAP; and
- You meet the income guidelines. See the chart below to determine what your premium cost may be. Your eligibility for a particular plan and your share of the cost will be determined based on the application you submit.
How do I apply?
Click here to apply online. (This link takes you to mybenefits.vt.gov.)
# in Household
Your likely Individual Monthly Premium is
|If your total monthly/yearly household income is less than:||$1,915/ $22,980||$2,585/ $31,020||$3,255/ $32,060||$3,925/ $47,100||$60/mo|
|$2,155/ $25,860||$2,909/ $34,908||$3,662/ $43,944||$4,416/ $52,992||$122/mo|
|$2,394/ $28,728||$3,232/ $38,784||$4,069/ $48,828||$4,907/ $58,884||$149/mo|
|$2,634/ $31,608||$3,555/ $42,660||$4,476/ $53,712||$5,397/ $64,764||$177/mo|
|$2,873/ $34,476||$3,878/ $46,536||$4,883/ $58,596||$5,888/ $70,656||$205/mo|
- Income amounts and premiums are updated annually for January 1.
- The amount you pay is based on monthly household income. Report changes in household size or income within 10 days.
- A household is defined as the number of related people living in the same house.
- You may still qualify if your monthly income is higher than the amounts in the chart if you have earned income and/or child care expenses.
- Unlike other programs, some college students also may qualify for VHAP.
- For further information on the guidelines and exceptions, please contact Green Mountain Care Member Services at 1-800-250-8427 on business days between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.