You can qualify for Catamount Health if you:
(a) Are a Vermont resident who is 18 years or older;
(b) Are currently not eligible for other Green Mountain Care plans such as Medicaid, VHAP or Dr. Dynasaur;
(c) Have been living without health insurance for 12 months or more, unless you meet any of the following exceptions:
- You have insurance that only covers hospital care or doctor visits (but not both).
- You had another Green Mountain Care plan but circumstances such as household income and size changed making you eligible for Catamount instead.
- Within the last 12 months, you had insurance but lost it because:
(d) Are over income for Catamount Health with Premium Assistance (CHAP),
(e) Do not have access to employer-sponsored insurance unless you meet any of the following conditions:
- You have access but it is not comprehensive, meaning it covers hospital care or doctor visits (but not both); or
- You are waiting to enroll in your employer's plan.
- If you lost insurance due to a business closure you may be eligible for coverage without a waiting period.
- For further information on the guidelines and exceptions, please contact Green Mountain Care Member Services at 1-800-250-8427 on business days between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.